How to play guide for Vampire's Fall: Origins
For more detailed guides go to one of the following links: Official subreddit (external link) Main Discord server (external link) VFO Analysis server (external link)
|This article is a stub.
It could probably be helpful one day, but right now it is incomplete, lacks structure and/or verified content.You can help us by!
This page will serve as a basic how to play guide for Vampire's Fall: Origins. While there is very little information available at this time, we urge you to check back often, as new information is being added all the time! Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions.
Basic Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- ORIGINS Quests pertain to main story line, and are required to progress through the game. Other quests are optional, but reward gold and experience.
- Your inventory is located in the top center of your screen. You can also check quests and assign bloodline points after leveling up in this area.
- Armor helps reduce damage dealt to you, but equipping too much reduces your chances of dodging attacks. Maintain a balance carefully.
- Your primary weapon strongly influences the damage dealt by your character. Make sure to buy stronger weapons when possible and upgrade your current weapon with bloodstones after your first rebirth.
- When traveling by map for long distance or in unfamiliar areas use the map in the top right corner, zoom in to the location you are going and tap the location you are going to. A blue arrow should appear, when you leave the map to the playing field there will be an arrow in the map circle showing you which way to travel.
Controls[edit | edit source]
Tips and tricks[edit | edit source]
Unstuck[edit | edit source]
Very rarely, your character may run into a location you can't run back out of. If you can't get out no matter which direction you run, you can escape by using the unstuck button on the lower right menu.
Crafting and Health Potions[edit | edit source]
- Potions can be crafted, bought from potion sellers, or randomly dropped during encounters. Although potions can be bought, they cannot be sold.
- You can use Bat potions to travel to cities you have previously visited. This helps reduce time spent travelling.
- Creature Lure potions increase encounter rates, which helps with completing quests that require specific encounters.
- Health potions restore health, but generally aren't as efficient as using the bite skill and the might revitalize. Dying will also instantly restore your health, and teleport you back to the most recently visited city for far fewer coins than buying health potions.
- Bloodstones are especially powerful late game. You can craft six Bloodstones every eight hours by unlocking the extra potion crafting slot in the deceit bloodline, which should be done as soon as possible.
Bloodstones[edit | edit source]
Bloodstones can be used to play dungeons and upgrade your gear. You will obtain a special reward each time you clear a dungeon for the first time. Bloodstones can also upgrade your gear. Generally, you should save bloodstones for upgrading Mangrove Huts or Dungeon Set gear, since these are the most powerful items in the game.